- The Daily DX Reports:
Hiroo, XW0X, reminds everyone that sending US dollar$ to Laos is not a
good idea. He says, "It is not a violation (to have $)", however the
average postman in Laos makes about $17 a month. The temptation is
very high to take these envelopes. He asks that you please send IRCs
- Manila post office will exchange IRC's. Outlying Post Offices will not.
- IRC's are not accepted in this country.
- An IRC in Kuwait is only accepted if it is new and clearly stamped and the
country name is shown clearly, otherwise it's not accepted.
- Actual cost of regular mail in Colombia is us $1.65 and IRC are not accepted
in post office here. Pedro, HK3JJH
- Airmail postage from Japan is 110 Yen. At today's exchange rate US$1 is not quite
- A GS is sufficient for postage with slight surplus to offset QSL printing.
An IRC is sufficient for postage only.
- Registered Mail Strongly suggested. (ed. If you don't use registered mail
just take the card and the GreenStamps and throw them in the nearest trash can.
- Thanks to Bernie, W3UR
(The Daily DX)
for passing on this information.
- According to ZP5YW in Paraguay IRC's are not valid, and two (2) GreenStamps
are required.Thanks to W8OI for passing on this information.
- According to Raul, LU6EF, at current exchange rates, LU stations will need 2
GreenStamps for return postage. One IRC will cover Return postage.
- New Style IRC's only.
- GS are illegal or not recommended.
- IRC's can only be redeemed in the capital city of Ulaanbaatar. If your not sure
the station is near the capital it is suggested to use GS.
- Only new IRCs are accepted. In addition the IRCs must be stamped on the left
hand side. Blank IRCs or French style department number IRCs are not accepted.
- "There are no post offices any more in Sweden! There are only a few postal
service centers in the major cities. All IRCs have to be redeemed at those places.
They are still valid in Sweden but many SM hams have a long way to travel to the
postal service centers and the knowledge about everything else but selling stamps
and handling payments is almost zero among postal clerks nowadays. Even in the
largest cities the clerks does not know how to handle IRCs so please do not send
them. Green stamps can easily be reused for outgoing QSLs."
- "For Papua New Guinea, the PNG Post Office
says they will take IRC, but in reality they are Not Valid. Please make the
correction on your site. Postage is about $1.80 US so 2 green stamps are required
from all my friends (P29NB, P29BW, P29SS, P29KPH, P29TL)" - Jerry - P29ZAD